The Personnel Licensing Unit performs the following functions:
- Issuance of Licenses to aircrew, air traffic controllers and maintenance personnel in accordance with International Standards;
- Participation in the harmonization of regulations with international regulations and standards
- Approval of training programmes and checking of professional abilities;
- Organization and implementation of examinations for flight crews and aircraft maintenance and other aviation personnel
- Control of approved safety procedures, programs and quality systems of organizations for aviation personnel training.
- Enforcement compliance with provisions of ICAO standards and national regulatory requirements for personnel licensing and medical fitness;
- Approve training programmes and check the professional competences, skills and abilities of aviation personnel
- Maintain a data base of experts to carry out examinations, validation and medical assessment for aviation personnel
- The Unit shall be headed by a Principal Officer (CAA 03) who shall be responsible for two (2) Senior Officers (CAA 04). Other staff in the Section include; two (2) Officers (CAA 05) two (2) Assistants and a Medical Assessor at the same level as the Principal Officer (CAA 03).